Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Dream Sequence

Had a dream that I was hanging out with someone I know in real life (let's say AB) and we were running errands together. We were at a store and a little kid started singing the "You Break It You Buy It" song after he dropped something (I didn't know there was a song). She recommended this Spiderman shower curtain to me, and I admittedly lived at home when I said "I don't know what my mom is going to think of that."

We got done shopping and she was a terrible driver. She drove me home. She was in the wrong lane stopped at an intersection and ran the light. When we got back to my parent's place, she came back to my room with me. We were laying together in my bed. She liked being cuddled but didn't want to be kissed. I was a little huffy about this, and then she pointed out that it was only 7pm and it seemed to be a weekend night and that there was no point in laying in bed.

I assume she went out after that. On my own, I found myself at a pet store, looking at dogs. There was one who was a tall hound who stood on his hind legs and spoke like an old African American man. He sized me up. "You look about 5'6" but you still growin." He was wrong about the growing part but I took him to be potentially a great bartender. Then i met a golden retriever who was really smart and beautiful and just wanted to hug. The embrace got a little bit awkward when I started to think that maybe she *liked* me; I told her she needed to find the perfect human version of herself to take care of her, and that together they'd get along famously. I saw a guy walking her later who couldn't figure out where her crate was as he was trying to bring her back. She was on a leash, which I thought was unnecessary. He also had a large sack with him. She graciously hopped into the sack, pretending it would be fun, even though she was perfectly capable of walking on her own; but only because the man encouraged her to hop into it.

Evidently this was some version of Short Beach because we walked along a section of street with trolley tracks and I began rattling off factual information about the trolley line. We went back and found her crate and I discovered she was incredibly expensive. Then, I woke up.

I fell back asleep. There was more to this dream. I found myself on a rooftop, trying to get into an apartment (apparently I had moved during the short time I was awake). The best way to get into this apartment, presumably because I didn't want to be seen going in through the front door, was to jump across an alleyway onto a fire escape which led directly to my window. It was snowing and the rooftop was slippery and I was having a difficult time finding the right position to jump from. The longer I pontificated the best point to jump from, the more the rooftop began to become populated with children who appeared to be doing a version of ice skating which seemed to be just sliding around on the snow. I eventually made it in.

Back at the Luckey's, I wandered in during a party, awkwardly stating that I forgot that I didn't live there anymore. I spent the rest of my time there just simply doing dishes, as there were thousands of dishes which needed to be cleaned. I also got a chance to play music on the stereo. I wanted to check on my old room but the door was closed. There was a girl who came to visit, who told me that she broke up with her boyfriend because of a conversation she and I had a few months ago. I didn't mean to see this as an opportunity but I invited her to go kayaking and I showed her some routes we could take. I was so preoccupied with washing dishes that by the time I was done, she had already left.